Essentials for a Korean pantry
On occasion, my YouTube video viewers have asked me what spices and condiments are essential for a Korean pantry.
Here are the top 8 essential, can’t make Korean food without it pantry items:
- Gochujang (Korean fermented red pepper paste)
- Doenjang (Korean miso)
- Cham girum (Sesame seed oil)
- Cham ke (Roasted Sesame seeds)
- Kook ganjang (Korean soy sauce)
Some other important items to have on hand include (in no particular order):
- Green onions
- Daikon radish
- Gochu powder (red pepper powder) New Mexico chili powder is a good substitute
- Kim/Nori (seaweed wraps)
- Asian pears (in season in the Fall/Winter)
Hope these tips help you embark upon your own Koreafornia food adventure.