American Coffee Survival: A response to Korea Coffee Survival
I don’t post too many recipes on this blog because I share most of my recipes on my YouTube page but sometimes an idea comes along that is so off the wall, or off-topic that I have to share it in a forum other than YouTube.
This is one of those “recipes”. I put the word recipes in quotes because this is not a recipe so much as it is a survival tool, a way to make coffee taste tolerable for my super-taster husband who drinks coffee because he has to, not because he wants to.
The inspiration for posting my tips for making instant coffee drinkable came when I read ZenKimchi’s version of doctored up instant coffee, which he titled Korea Coffee Survival.
Here are the ingredients for American Coffee Survival:
- 2 tsp instant coffee (Raley’s Brand instant coffee is better than Folgers, Taster’s Choice or any named brand in hubby’s opinion.)
- 4 tsp hot chocolate
- 1 1/2 tsp of Stevia
- 12 oz boiling hot filtered water
- 4 oz of room temperature filtered water
The steps in order:
- Put all the above dry ingredients into a 16 oz. travel mug.
- Heat approx. 12 oz of water in microwave.
- Pour hot water into the mug, which a friend affectionately nicknamed “Mr. Crusty”.
- Stir until coffee, hot chocolate and Stevia are dissolved.
- Top off with room temperature filtered water.