Update on my life (and this blog)
|Things have slowed down around here, but we’re going to pick up speed very soon.
(photo by akedeszign on Sxc.hu via Creative Commons license)
Here’s why the pace of posts has slowed on Koreafornian Cooking:
- I’ve had some health issues recently, and I’m trying to get my groove back. It’s hard to cook, eat and write about cooking and eating with those challenges.
- Nanoomi.net asked me to record 10 podcasts for an upcoming smartphone app, which will feature some of Korea’s best bloggers. I’m honored to be considered in a similar league with bloggers such as my “boss” Joe McPherson at ZenKimchi, Roboseyo and Simon and Martina of Eat Your Kimchi.
- An American culinary magazine commissioned my first freelance article. Now that it’s been turned into the editors, I have more time for my own stuff.
- My husband is recording freelance video for an iPhone wine app that will launch in the U.S. late this year.
In lieu of posting new work on my own blog, I’ve been trying to keep up with what’s going on in the Korean food blogosphere by posting links to recipes and insights on my Facebook fan page.
To whet your appetite for the future of Koreafornian Cooking, here’s a sneak preview:
- Kimchi in the wine country video (filmed in Lake County, Calif.)
- Seoul on Wheels rolling restaurant review
- Zazang Korean Noodle restaurant review