Recipe: Koreafornian Carrots for Bibimbap
This was an off-the-cuff concoction that Hubby liked so much I reconstructed the recipe.
1–2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
1 carrot, shredded or julienned
1–2 green onions, thinly sliced
1–2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
ground black peper (or black and white pepper; season to taste)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (crushed or whole)
- Shred or julienne one carrot into a large bowl.
- Preheat a small skillet on medium heat.
- Thinly dice the green onions, and mix the pieces with the carrots.
- Empty the cut carrots and onions onto the skillet.
- Stir the carrots and onion while adding the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and black pepper. Continue stirring consistently over medium heat until the carrots are slightly wilted and the green parts of the onion are bright green and glossy.
- Move the mixture to a serving bowl, and sprinkle in sesame seeds evenly. Serve warm.